Monday, February 7, 2011

A bit of this and that...

OUR LOFT in it's current state...

WHOLE FOODS Rose Collection

MY HUSBAND... the day after our wedding in St Helena

THE VIEW outside our loft, Come early Spring



A LITTLE WEDDING, A LITTLE BABY...

I suppose it's time...to really start and stick to it.
I have started blogging so many times, but when life only consists of yourself, there is little to talk about and I've always felt a bit silly typing posts about the inconsistent me who wandered around, moving a lot, learning and re-learning things, trying to make something of my dreams. I know those experiences are great to look back on too. But now life feels so much more about the other amazing people surrounding life. So much has happened in the past year. In the past 6 months really. On January 30th 2011, I got married in St Helena, to the most handsome, kind hearted man I know, Peter Stocker. What will it be like to be a wife? The first week has been fun!! ( : And shortly following, on June 1st we are expecting a baby (sex still unknown~sort of) The experience of being a mommy, I have only ever romanticized about, and very soon it will be our new reality. I hear you never know how much your heart can love until you have a child of your own... if that's the truth, I can't wait to feel that love. I already love this baby and love feeling him kick inside of me (mostly in the morning and late at night) and watching my belly grow. I really started to pop this past week. He was waiting until after the wedding day...or maybe its just that I feel free to eat more now that the wedding day has come and gone. Reminder: write more about the wedding next blog.
We are doing city loft living in San Francisco, while I attend the Aveda institute for Esthiology. 3, 10 hour days a week, I tromp up 3 flights of stairs (totally out of breath at the top) to join 12 other amazing girls to learn and practice facials, waxing, make-up, massage, you name it. Something I have always wanted to do but always put on the back burner because of my dream for music. Amazing how the surprise of a baby on the way will put a fire under your booty. I feel so content, excited to dream big with a partner and best friend...I feel like the possibilities are endless with someone by your side who believes in you and supports you. I have always been a bit of a free spirit, and I feel like God put Pete in my life as an anchor and a rock who pulls my feet back down when needed.
Now that the wedding has come and gone, our newest project is renovating this loft. It has so much potential and gets so much beautiful natural light...our 1st project...picking out paint. Who would have thought this would have been such a challenge!! I have a hard time choosing when there are SO many options. What if something else was the IT color? So...the pics around our loft will consist of many paint samples scattered about our walls.. This is us experimenting, not our nutty idea of art. Ok, done for now, Lots more to post in the next few days. So inspired to Spring clean and create with this amazing 70 degree weather...LOVE it.

No comments: